Date: 8th June 2013
Location: San Francisco, California, USA
Saturday, June 8 10am – 5pm San Francisco, CA
PLOS, 1160 Battery St., #100
San Francisco, CA
Please join us for a full day of presentations, discussions and coding around Markdown for scholarly content. Some of the potential outcomes of the workshop include:
- notes from discussion about the suitability of Markdown for scientific authoring (different stages, disciplines, etc)
- comprehensive list of tools/initiatives
- notes from discussion about collaboration/synergy between tools
- list of interesting examples/showcase (GH repositories etc)
- list of "barriers", "obstacles" etc
- notes from discussion about way forward, applying for grants, etc
The event is supported by a 1K Force11 Challenge prize.
Please add your background and ideas to the wiki. And please contact the organizers @houshuang and @mfenner if you want to give a presentation or demo.