- Please read the Force11 Manifesto and note what has been achieved, what has not been achieved, what needs to be added?
- Please formulate some questions and issues you want to address during the retreat.
January 15-17, Boston, MA
HOTEL – ROOMING LIST
AGENDA – AGENDA NOTES
- 7:00: Dinner at the Central Bistro Boston www.centralbistroboston.com Entrances at 34 Summer Street & 101 Arch Street, Boston, MA 02110 Phone 617.737.1777
- Icebreaker activity – talk about things that you have done or thought about; and that you would like to bring to Force11 – "What is one thing about you that no one in the room knows?" “What excites you about Force11?” “What would you like it to be?” "What can you gain, what can you give back?" (Dan, Cameron)
Meeting Location: REFLECT ROOM
- 8:00 – 9:00: Breakfast in meeting room
- 9:00 – 9:30: Check in: what do people want to have done/resolved? Ground rules, ways to address/record issues during the retreat: e.g. record issues for further discussion, discuss how to follow through. No laptop/phone rule. Election of FORCE11 officers. (Cameron)
- 9:30 – 10:30: Past: where do we come from? What were some of the ideas that drove Force11? What was the magic/excitement and what were some of the ideas? (Ed, Tim, Anita)
- 10:30 – 11:00: Coffee & email break
- 11:00 – 12:00: Manifesto: how relevant is this still? Does this need to be updated, where do we take it? (Paul)
- 12:00 – 1:00: Lunch + email time.
- 1:00 – 2:00: Talk about what was done in the working groups – thoughts on what went well, what should change etc (Maryann, Dan)
- 2:00 – 2:30: Discuss issues raised during the morning (or continue in a larger group, if there are no (or only one) clear topics) – what do we want to focus the rest of the retreat on? (Anita)
- 2:30 – 3:30: Break into groups and discuss these issues.
- 3:30 – 4:00: Rest and email break
- 4:00 – 5:00: Report back on issues to full group and decide on next steps.
- 5:30: Close: need to put questions on the poster before they are allowed to leave! (Cameron)
- 5:30 – 6:30: Free time
- 6:30 – Dinner Carrie Nation – www.carrienationcocktailclub.com, 11 Beacon St. (617) 227-3100
- 8:00: Before breakfast: put three answers on three posters from last night.
- 8:00 – 9:00: Breakfast, discuss questions on posters
- 9:00 – 10:00: Sustainability efforts and budget issues (Stephanie, Tim)
- 10:00 – 11:00: Next steps: what can we do within the next year to realize some of the outcome of the retreat?
- 11:00 – 12:30: Planning, task list and next steps.
- 1:00: Lunch at Marliave Restaurant www.marliave.com, 10 Bosworth St. (617) 422-0004 (Next to Nine Zero Hotel)