FORCE11 is a volunteer-run community of scholars, librarians, archivists, publishers and research funders that has arisen organically to help facilitate the change toward improved knowledge creation and sharing. Individually and collectively, we aim to bring about a change in modern scholarly communications through the effective use of information technology.
FORCE11 is run by a network of volunteers. If you have any questions about FORCE11 activities or the organization, please use the Contact Us form.
- FORCE11 Slack #website channel
- GitHub Issues
- GitHub documenation and wiki
- Email FORCE11 Web Team email@example.com
Contributing Posts and Events
Here are some ways you can participate in the FORCE11 community:
- Join FORCE11: As a registered member you will be able to post content to the FORCE11 website and join or even start a working group. Join FORCE11 (free membership).
- Post News/Announcements: Use the Post form for adding time-sensitive content like news, press releases, announcements of new products, articles, and/or external links to other sites. Post News/Announcement.
- Post to Upstream: Use the Upstream blogging platform for thought pieces, original research, interviews, etc that showcase the depth and breadth of our community. Learn more about the type of content that is appropriate and how to get involved at upstream.force11.org.
- Join a FORCE11 Group: You may join groups by visiting the group project pages and joining the group. View all FORCE11 Groups.
- Start a new Group: Or you may want to start a new group or project. To start a group, complete the Working Group Application Form.
FORCE11 brand and logo
The following guidelines are to help you use our logo and assets. When producing communications materials that carry the FORCE11 visual identity, please refer to these standards for usage.
FORCE11’s marks include, but are not limited to, the organization name, logo, social media skins and profile images, and any words, phrases, images, or other designation that identifies the source or origin with any of FORCE11’s creative work.
If you are another association or organization, do not modify or alter the marks or use them in a confusing way, or in a way that confuses FORCE11 with another brand.
If you are a FORCE11 Member, you have flexibility to associate your group with the organization as long as you have the approval of a board officer.
Please note that brand guidelines and many of our brand assets are available as downloadable files here: Website Guide – Graphics