The program committee for the #FORCE2019 meeting in Edinburgh is pleased to announce the first two keynote speakers for the October event:
- Arfon Smith, Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of Open Source Software and Head of the Data Science Mission Office at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore.
- Rachel Bruce, Head of Open Science, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
Keynote speakers will help kick off the meeting’s exploration of four key themes:
- Trail-blazing – an up-to-the-minute view of the landscape
- Promoting open research
- Infrastructure for research communication
- Skills – what we need to learn to help transform scholarly communications
Further keynote presenters will be announced in the coming weeks. For more information about our first two keynotes, read their bios on the conference website.
The FORCE11 annual conference is a different kind of meeting, where stakeholders come together for an open discussion, on an even playing field, to talk about changing the ways scholarly and scientific information is communicated, shared and used. Researchers, publishers, librarians, computer scientists, informaticians, funders, educators, citizens, and others attend the FORCE11 meeting with a view to supporting the realisation of promising new ideas and identifying new potential collaborators.
"I can't think of a better conference for meeting smart people focused on designing and building the future of scholarly infrastructure – that's why FORCE is so special." – Arfon Smith
FORCE2019 will be held October 16 and 17, 2019 at the BT Murrayfield Rugby Stadium, with pre-conference workshops at the Hilton Grosvenor Hotel on October 15. Please join us.
Publication Date: 6th June 2019