Arcadia Fund (www.arcadiafund.org.uk). is currently recruiting for an Assistant Grants Manager with experience in open access and digital humanities.
- To research and assist in developing new funding proposals in endangered culture and open access
- To evaluate existing funding
- To assist with ongoing grant management
Key Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of digital humanities, including the problems of digital preservation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of issues of open access to academic publications, primary materials and data.
- Demonstrable interest in issues of cultural heritage preservation.
- PhD in digital humanities, modern history or social sciences.
- Strong research and analytical skills, including analytical report writing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Numerate, able to handle, analyse and interpret quantitative information.
- Strong networking skills, able to build and maintain contacts in the philanthropic and academic sectors.
- Confidentiality, discretion and high professional standards.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Critical intelligence, combined with drive and attention to detail.
- Flexible team player, able to work at times with minimal supervision.
- Interest in philanthropy/grant-making.
This is a full-time, permanent role, 40 hours per week, based in Central London.
Salary £27,000 to £37,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits.
To apply for this post, please send a CV, cover letter including your current salary, and the names and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24 March 2016. We will not contact referees prior to interview. Interviews will be held in London in the week starting 11 April 2016.