At last year's FORCE2019, the Open Publishing Awards were part of the pre-meeting festivities. The organizers of that event, Coko, were thrilled with the response and decided to follow up by organizing a two week long Open Publishing Fest this month.
As part of this year's festivities, Cameron Neylon and John Chodacki collaborated on a series of fireside chats. These are informal discussions with members of the publishing community discussing their careers and projects. Each of them took place during the two weeks of Open Publishing Fest (https://openpublishingfest.org).
Here are the fireside chats that have been archived on the website for your leisurely viewing:
- Fireside Chat with Kamran Naim (CERN) – recorded Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 12:00pm UTC
- Fireside Chat with Kaitlin Thaney (Invest in Open) – recorded Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 2:00pm UTC
- Fireside Chat with Bruce Caron (EarthArXiv) – recorded Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:00pm UTC
- Fireside Chat with Amy Brand and Claudio Aspesi (In pursuit of open science, open access is not enough) – recorded May 27, 2020 at 1:30pm UTC
- Fireside Chat with Ginny Hendricks (Metadata 2020) – recorded Wednesday, May 27, 2020 at 4:00pm UTC
- Fireside Chat with David Shotton & Silvio Peroni (OpenCitations) – recorded Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 4:00pm UTC
- Final Festival Wrap-up featuring Cameron Neylon, John Chodacki, Bianca Kramer, Adam Hyde, Dan Rudmann and others (Discussion of the Firechat Series and the Open Publishing Fest) – recorded Friday, May 29, 2020 at 5:00pm UTC
All recording are archived in a YouTube Playlist. And, as a follow-up, Cameron Neylon also posted a wrap-up piece on the Curtin Open Knowledge Initiative (COKI) blog.
Hope you enjoyed the discussions!