Workflow Moderation and Review
All contributions to the website go into a moderated workflow for publishing.
Once your contribution has been submitted and its status changed from Draft to Pending you will receive an email from the FORCE11 Web Team – email@example.com.
What can I post on the FORCE11 website?
To become a member sign up here. Membership is free.
What kind of content do the Post and Events site areas carry?
- Posts: Here you can contribute blogs, news, and announcements.
- Event: This is an area for news and announcement from the wider scholarly communications community.
How does FORCE11’s moderated workflow function?
The moderated workflow is in place on the website to prevent site spamming and to assist contributors with their posts.
- Spam moderation: For your first post to the site a moderator will have to approve the post before it can be published and add a featured image. After your first successful post you are free to publish directly to the site without spam moderation.
- Review workflow: FORCE11 Web Team has a lot of new features to enhance your post presentation: image galleries, media embeds, etc., a library of graphics that can be used, tagging and metadata features, as well as scheduling. All posts will go into a simple publishing workflow with the web team supporting your post.
Workflow quick start guide
Submitting your contribution
- Login or join FORCE11 as a member.
- Create your Post or Event by navigating to the Dashboard via menu top left: FORCE11 > Dashboard. In the Dashboard you can can add Posts and Events, as well as list your content and edit any of your content.
- When your ready to submit the post to the workflow for moderation click ‘Workflow’ top right
- Then click the ‘Submit for Review’ button
- Your contribution status will now be marked as ‘Pending’.
Once your contribution status is ‘Pending’ a reviewer from the FORCE11 Web Team will contact you via email and support you through the rest of the steps. The email will be from firstname.lastname@example.org.
Moderation and review steps: What’s involved?
Outside of the basic spam moderation the review workflow process has the following steps.
- Reviewers will assist with the following:
- If needed, provide brief editorial feedback and support on corrections, etc.
- Add enhanced presentation features: galleries, media embeds, etc. The site uses the WordPress Gutenberg editor and Publish Press additions to Gutenberg which has a host of features. See here for a list of examples
- Generating ‘featured image’ content. FORCE11 has a number of library house styles as well as a list of open licensed content sources that can be pulled on.
- Embed other image and media
- Assist with title, and introductions if requested.
- Ensure SEO considerations addressed: tags, image alt tags, meta descriptions, social media cards, etc.