An announcement of the following has just been put on the Force11 Calendar.The ISO-PTAB has received expressions of interest in the course from Digital Repository managers (enough to almost fill the course), but no auditors as yet. We would like to have balanced representation from both sides (auditors and repository managers) so if you are involved in auditing systems and their associated management processes, please check our website (iso16363.org).
High Level Residential Training Course on ISO 16363 for Auditors and Managers of Digital Repositories
London 29 Sept – 3 Oct 2014
The Primary Trustworthy Digital Repository Authorisation Body (ISO-PTAB) plays a major role in training auditors and repository managers. There are three important ISO standards:
- ISO 14721 (OAIS – a reference model for what is required for an archive to provide long-term preservation of digital information)
- ISO 16363 (Audit and certification of trustworthy digital repositories – sets out comprehensive metrics for what an archive must do, based on OAIS)
- ISO 16919 (soon to be published – Requirements for bodies providing audit and certification of candidate trustworthy digital repositories – specifies the competencies and requirements on auditing bodies)
These three standards form a closely-related family and an understanding of their principles and use will become increasingly important in establishing an internationally recognised set of trustworthy digital repositories.
The authors of these standards will be running a 5-day residential training course in London from 29 September – 3 October 2014.
The training course will cover the following topics:
- OAIS concepts
- Understanding ISO 16363
- Audit and Certification criteria overview
- Understanding organisational infrastructure
- Understanding managing and preserving digital objects
- Understanding infrastructure and security risk management
- What an auditor should look for
- Auditor competencies
As places are limited to 20, please register your interest via Email to email@example.com as soon as possible to ensure your place.
The cost of the residential course will be £3000 (with a 10% discount for bookings with payment made before 29th July) to include all tuition from the authors of the standards, training materials, accommodation and all meals or £2000 day rate (excludes accommodation, breakfast and dinner). Once you have registered your interest, we will send you further details of the course programme and logistics.